PR Account Executive / Account Manager
Viva has an opening for someone with PR experience and a proven track record for creating and delivering eye-catching campaigns and copy that sings.
About the job:
This is your chance to become part of Viva’s award-winning PR and communications team in Rawtenstall.
You will be working with a number of clients. We work on everything from charity campaigns through to PR and comms activity for some of the UK’s biggest advanced engineering companies. You will need to enjoy the variety and challenge that being an all-rounder brings. You’ll need to be able to work to deadlines and make the complex accessible and interesting.
Your role will involve building relationships directly with clients, understanding and meeting their strategic objectives. We’re constantly challenged to come up with new ideas and you will be too. Sound fun? If this is the kind of role you’d relish, these are the skills and experience we are looking for:
- At least two years’ PR experience in agency or in-house
- An ability to write good clean engaging copy – often from quite technical sources
- Strong attention to detail
- A good confident talker
- Someone who can work under pressure and to tight deadlines
It would also be great to show:
- Experience of using social media
- Knowledge of social media reporting tools
- That you’re a team player
We’re keen to get the role filled, by the right person, as soon as we can
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus additional holidays for long-term service
- 16 hours’ off a year for volunteering
- Family flexible hours
- Career progression opportunities
- Company funded training with the PRCA
Location: Rawtenstall, Lancashire
Salary: Depends on your experience
About us: Viva is a communications consultancy working across a myriad of sectors. We believe in looking after our people, playing our part in the community, making a difference for our clients — and having a good time while we are doing it. We are members of the PRCA and encourage all our team to take part in their training.
To apply: Send your CV and covering letter to Tony Garner
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01706 214340
If you’re looking for your first foot on the ladder into the world of PR this might be right up your street…
We are looking for someone ready and willing to learn the ropes and help deliver creative PR and marketing campaigns that deliver tangible results.
We are ideally looking for a graduate, with real passion for creativity. Ideally, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate that they can write engaging and well-written copy and have video editing experience.
In return, you’ll be part of a fast-paced, forward-thinking and creative communication consultancy, which cultivates and rewards real talent.
As you’ll be working alongside our award-winning team and will be expected to help generate results across channels including national and industry media, events, social and digital platforms.
We like to get the very best out of people, so you’ll get all the on-going training, mentoring and development opportunities you need to thrive!
The successful candidate will work across both consumer and B2B accounts and will quickly gain client facing experience, working closely with our account managers and managing director.
Other responsibilities for our intern include:
- liaising with clients and the media, via telephone and email;
- monitoring the media
- implementing PR activity
- preparing regular client reports and attending client meetings
- researching, writing and distributing press releases
- promoting news stories and features to the media, known as ‘selling in’
- collating, analysing and evaluating media coverage
- coordinating press photography
- video editing and animation creation
- undertaking research for new business proposals
- helping to managing social media accounts
Does this sound like you? Get in touch! Email tony@vivapr,co.uk or pick up the phone: 01706 214 340.
We like to grow our own here at Viva and have always flung open the doors for interns (and yes we pay!).
If you think you want to put your university theory to the test and believe you have what it takes then get in touch. Then take the first step on the career ladder and apply by sending a CV that stands out to email@example.com.